Wednesday 25 November 2015

Fun with your kids


“When you look at your life, the greatest happiness’s are family happiness.”
~Joyce Brothers~
Often than not all our kids hear is the barking of orders and questions on hygiene. Making time to have fun with your kids not only allows you to reconnect with them but also very therapeutic as it relieves stress and helps you unwind. I  have come up with a short list of things to do with kids. Mind you non of these activities involve computer games or being indoors much. So get ready to have some back to basics fun. 

  • Blow bubbles. I do this with my two kids and it's a lot of fun running around trying to burst the bubbles.
  • Colouring books. Spread out on the floor and colour.
  • Jump rope or Footsie. The kids were amazed when I showed them that I could jump rope
  • Hop Scotch and Moral. Another set of games that require little effort to set up.
  • Put on their favorite music video and dance around the house.
  • Build sandcastles with them at the beach.
These games allow kids to see their parent/s in a different light. Not the drill sergeant
 but someone they can relate to.

If you have ideas that you would like to share we would love to hear them.

Related

How to Have Fun Like Children: 15 Joyful Tips

Why Having Fun with Family is Important

4 comments:

  1. Great tips ...I am always barking orders I admit ...and really there is little time for fun...As a Mom of 2 I sometimes get so caught up in getting it al done that kids not following instructions is a drain on my energy. .having to day it 2 3 times but may b incorporating it in a game could help ..so I'll def try this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips ...I am always barking orders I admit ...and really there is little time for fun...As a Mom of 2 I sometimes get so caught up in getting it al done that kids not following instructions is a drain on my energy. .having to day it 2 3 times but may b incorporating it in a game could help ..so I'll def try this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanette. Thanks so much for the response. I think Incorporating chores into a game is a good idea, but remember it's about letting loose and having fun with your kids...not thinking about tasks undone. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well one of my favorite activities with my son unfortunately involves a tv!! That's movie evening, night whatever time of the day we take out the pull out couch in the living room, pull all the curtains, put on the ac, get the pop corn and other snacks close by and we hug up and take in a few movies. Feels so good!

    Oh and we sometimes pump up the music and dance. Three steps, free style, anything really. Just fun stuff!!! :)

    ReplyDelete