Monday 26 October 2015

WALRUS BREAD - The Easiest and Tastiest Gluten Free Bread EVER!


“‘A loaf of bread,’ the Walrus said, ‘is what we chiefly need: Pepper and vinegar besides are very good indeed.'” – Lewis Caroll

If you or any family members have wheat allergies or Celiac disease, this is a very easy and tasty bread recipe. No kneading is required and is a whole lot cheaper than the gluten-free brands sold in the supermarket for close to $60 TT. After trying quite a few gluten-free bread recipes that somehow lacked the consistency of bread made with ordinary flour, I was about to pack it in when I came across this recipe at the back of one of Bob Mills packages. With much skepticism I decided to try it. The result was a wonderfully soft, moist and flavourful bread nothing like the dry tasteless store-bought ones. This is a keeper! See Recipe.
 



Tip: If bread starts to brown too soon tent a piece of foil over the bread pan, this will allow the insides of the bread to cook without the tops burning.


5 comments:

  1. Interesting alternative to KISS bread. Thanks, will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for a homemade gluten free bread recipe for a while now. Thanks much Trini working mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for a homemade gluten free bread recipe for a while now. Thanks much Trini working mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing that I'm a bread lover but no longer eat bread for various reasons, I'm going to definitely try (or maybe get someone to make it for me :) ). Where can I find the ingredients ? Normal grocery or the organic stores? I've never heard of most of the names, so I'm clueless. A little guidance please. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi JC. Massy Stores and TruValu supermarkets actually carry these items, as many people are now seeking gluten-free options. Also Peppercorns have a wide variety as well as West Bees in Diego Martin.

    ReplyDelete